THINGS TO KNOW:
1) Non-residents are limited to one ounce of marijuana in Washington state and a quarter of an ounce in Colorado. However, you can repurchase as needed.
2) Colorado and Washington state residents may purchase and possess up to one ounce of cannabis.
3) Customers must present valid government issued photo ID and be at least 21 years of age.
4) Colorado allows medical marijuana shops to also sell recreational pot but not all medical marijuana dispensaries in Colorado have exercised that option. On the other hand, Washington state’s medical marijuana providers are prohibited from selling recreational weed in the same location.
5) At present, pot shops and medical marijuana dispensaries accept CASH ONLY. Many shops have ATM machines on the premises but some dispensaries have had their ATM’s shut down due to Federal banking laws, so its good to have cash in hand when you shop.
6) Colorado visitors should note that marijuana is said to take effect more quickly at higher altitudes.